Recurrent Pattern Detection (RPD™) Technology
- Recurrent Pattern Detection (RPD) uses patented technology to identify patterns which are content agnostic to safeguard the original message. These patterns cannot be used to reconstruct the original message.
- RPD extracts and then analyzes relevant patterns, which are used to identify massive email-borne outbreaks. It classifies both distribution and structural patterns within an email message.
- RPD patterns are compared to the local cache which provides fast match results for more than 70% of the patterns. If a pattern is not in the local cache, RPD will query global data centers for a match to provide true real-time protection with the most up-to-date patterns. These global data center queries then update the cache to keep the most current patterns available locally.
- RPD is designed to distinguish between the distribution patterns of solicited bulk emails, representing legitimate business correspondence, from those of unsolicited bulk emails, representing spam.
- RPD identifies incoming threat messages with very few, if any false positives. Not only are the patterns content agnostic, they are also language-independent making it equally effective for all message formats and encoding types.
Zero Hour Virus Outbreak Protection
- Includes Real-time, anti-spam, zero-hour anti-virus, anti-spyware, and anti-phishing technology.
- Capable of proactively protecting the MDaemon Pro 9.5 or later email infrastructure automatically and within minutes of an outbreak.
- Outbreak Protection requires no heuristic rules, content filtering, or signature updates.
- Relies on the analysis of "patterns" associated with an email transmission and compares them to similar patterns collected from billions of email messages sampled daily, in real-time, from live Internet email traffic.
- Resulting analysis can detect outbreaks in “Zero Hour” – much faster than traditional filter and signature based solutions that require detecting, defining, and disseminating new virus information.
Inline Antivirus Scanning
- SecurityPlus for MDaemon email server scans messages inline during each SMTP session effectively stopping malicious software at the email entrance to your network.
- When a corrupted message with a security threat is detected, SecurityPlus for MDaemon refuses to accept the email and its attachments – effectively stopping an issue before it can arise.
- SecurityPlus for MDaemon automatically downloads and installs updates for hands-off administration.
Urgent Update Notification
- Provides additional antivirus definitions beyond regularly scheduled updates.
- When a high-risk virus threat is identified by Kaspersky Labs, you can select to be notified and trigger SecurityPlus for MDaemon to automatically initiate a database update of the latest virus definitions.
- Keeps your organization safe from new and emerging threats.
- When you purchase SecurityPlus for MDaemon, you receive Upgrade Protection which entitles you to free upgrades to the latest product versions and virus definitions for the duration of your software license.
- SecurityPlus for MDaemon detects infected attachments in both plain text and HTML messages.
- When an infected attachment is detected and you have selected to not block the message outright, you have the option to clean it, quarantine it, delete it, or allow MDaemon’s Content Filter to handle it.
- Specific domains and addresses may also be excluded from scanning all together.
- SecurityPlus for MDaemon email server has a searchable virus list.
- Provides links to Internet sites with additional virus information to keep you abreast and informed of the latest developments and antivirus technologies.
- SecurityPlus for MDaemon can notify the sender, recipient, and postmaster when a virus is detected.
- SecurityPlus for MDaemon includes an administrative log that keeps track of the type, time, and location of detected viruses.